According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, apples are free of fats, sodium and cholesterol. They’re also an excellent source of fiber.
- Apples can help prevent cancer and protect the brain
- Apples contain phytochemicals, which help to fight breast, colon and pancreatic cancer.
- Research shows that eating apples can help improve a person’s memory and help protect their brain against Alzheimer’s disease.
- Recent studies have shown that eating apples can help lower blood pressure and slim waistlines.
Storage & Handling
- Storing temperature: 32-34° F.