A full-flavored steak with an excellent nutrition profile.
Recommended cooking method: marinate and grill or broil.
- Fresh, never frozen
- Hand selected and trimmed
- Excellent source of vitamin B12, protein and zinc
- Good source of iron, niacin and vitamin B6
Please note retail varies per store. Check in store for details.
When you shop at ALDI, you’ll find that our fresh steaks and roasts are all packed in vacuum-sealed leakproof packaging. This guarantees that your meat will stay fresher, longer. The deep purple color means there’s no air in the package and is an indicator of freshness. Once the package is opened, the meat will turn the bright red you’ve come to expect in high quality beef.
Grilled Top Round Steak with Green Chile Cream Sauce
BEEF TIPS 101
To avoid cross-contamination and prevent food-borne illnesses, follow these easy steps:
- Wash hands well in hot, soapy water before handling raw meat.
- Keep raw meat and meat juices away from other foods.
- Keep cutting boards separate from other food prep areas and serving platters.
- Meat should always be kept cold and placed directly in the refrigerator after purchase.
- Our vacuum-sealed packages can be placed directly in the freezer.
- Non-vacuum-sealed packages should be wrapped in heavy-duty aluminum foil and labeled prior to freezing.
Cook the Perfect Steak
1. For steaks that are 1-inch thick or greater: grill or sear for 3 minutes per side for medium-rare, 4 minutes per side for medium.
2. For steaks that are less than 1-inch thick: grill or sear for 2 minutes per side for medium-rare, 3 minutes per side for medium.
3. Use a meat thermometer to properly cook your steak. Just insert it horizontally into the side of the cut’s center while making sure not to touch any bones or fat.
- Medium Rare: 145°
- Medium: 160°
- Well Done: 170°
4. To avoid releasing the juices of a steak when using a meat thermometer, test for doneness using your hand. With your left hand, palm facing up, touch the tip of your thumb to the tip of your pinky finger. Using your right index finger, press the muscle at the base of your thumb. This is what well-done feels like. Compare to the feel of your steak. Touch your thumb to your ring finger for medium-well, middle finger for medium and index finger for rare.
5. Meat continues cooking even when removed from heat. To achieve desired doneness, all steaks should rest for at least 5 minutes.
*Available while quantities last. All products may not be available in all stores. Prices subject to change.