According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, avocados are sodium and cholesterol-free and contain mostly unsaturated fat, which is considered a healthful fat.
- To keep your avocado's natural color, brush the surface of a peeled or sliced avocado with lemon juice. You can also cover the pulp with plastic wrap, which will aid in preserving its color.
- Hass avocados will turn black when ripe. Most Florida and non-hass varieties will remain green. However, all varieties are ripe when the fruit gives when squeezed lightly.
- The nutrients found in avocados can help inhibit the growth of prostate cancer cells.
Storage & Handling
- Keep avocados on the counter.
- Storing temperature: cold-tolerant, 40° F.
Please note retail varies per store. Check in store for details.