4 (serving is 2 sliders)
Game Day Sliders
With plenty of snacks around for the game, save some room for a little of everything. Have a slider!
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, garlic, minced onion, jalapeño, salt and pepper. Divide the meat into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 1/2-inch patty.
- Cook the bacon until crisp. Crumble, set aside.
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- In a small sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and cook until tender.
- Grill, pan fry or broil the patties until desired doneness (150° for medium).
- To assemble the sliders, break each biscuit in half and layer as follows: bottom half of biscuit, 1 tablespoon sautéed onion, 1 tablespoon bacon, slider patty, Havarti, 1/2 teaspoon steak sauce, top half of biscuit.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen