Black Bean Bacon Dunkers
All the flavors of a loaded nacho plate packed into a bite size dunker.
- In a small sauté pan, brown the bacon. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine the bacon, beans, peppers, cheese, corn masa, baking powder and spices. Stir until well mixed.
- Add the egg and 1/2 cup of water to the bean mixture and stir until a dough forms.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture onto a clean, flat surface. Flatten to create a 1½" disk.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture onto a clean surface and shape into balls.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil until very hot, but not smoking. Working in batches of 5, deep fry the dunkers until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen