Poppable nuggets of fried cheesy goodness.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and refrigerate.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and half and half. Add tortellini and toss until evenly coated.
- In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Add tortellini, straining off excess egg mixture. Toss to coat evenly. Add tortellini back into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs once more.
- Carefully add tortellini to oil, no more than 15 at a time. Fry for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve immediately with marinara sauce.
TIP: Skewer tortellini with your favorite meats, olives and fresh basil for a fun appetizer.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen