Mini football-shaped calzones bursting with chili and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a sauté pan over high heat, sauté the bacon, onion and bell pepper until bacon is crisp. Drain oil and return mixture to pan.
- Add the chili, hot sauce and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine the corn starch and water. Stir into the chili mixture. Simmer for 3 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat, add 2 cups of cheese and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Calzone assembly: Roll out each crescent roll dough and pinch the seams together to form a rectangle. Cut each flattened dough into 8, a total of 32 squares. Fill half the squares with two heaping tablespoons of chili, sprinkle with cheese. Top with the second half of squares, pinch the seams together. Tuck two sides of the square under and pinch the opposite sides together to form football shapes.
- With a sharp knife, score the top of each football with a crisscross to form the seams.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
10 strips Appleton Farms Premium Sliced Bacon, diced
½ red onion, diced
½ bell pepper, diced
15 ounces Brookdale Chili without Beans
1 tablespoon Burman's Hot Sauce
10 ounces Casa Mamita Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained
1 tablespoon Baker's Corner Corn Starch*
1 tablespoon water
3 cups Happy Farms Mexican Shredded Cheese, divided
4 8-ounce packages Bake House creations Crescent Rolls
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.