Oven Fried Jalapeños with Strawberry Salsa
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- For salsa: Simmer tomatoes, strawberries, vinegar, onion, garlic and sugar for 30 minutes on low heat. Cool.
- Combine tomato mixture, jalapeño, lime juice and salt in a blender; blend until smooth. Refrigerate.
- For jalapeños: Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay the jalapenos, cut side down, in a single layer. Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, reserve. In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs and water, reserve. In a third medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, reserve.
- Fill each jalapeño with cheese. Gently dredge each jalapeño in the flour, the egg, and the bread crumbs. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray tops of jalapeños with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with chilled salsa.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen
14.5 ounces Happy Harvest Diced Tomatoes, drained
1 cup quartered strawberries
1/3 cup Tuscan Garden White Vinegar
1/4 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
1/2 jalapeño, seeds optional
1/2 lime, juiced
1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
Carlini Cooking Spray
12 jalapeños, halved and seeded
1 cup Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
2 Goldhen Large Eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon water
1 cup Chef's Cupboard Plain Bread Crumbs
8 ounces Happy Farms Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1 hour, 10 minutes