Grilled Barbecue Chicken Pizza
An appetizer sure to please!
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a stand mixer bowl, using a dough hook, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the honey, vegetable oil, water and beer. Mix on medium speed for 8 minutes until a ball forms and the bowl is clean.
- Divide in half, rolling each dough into a 12-inch pizza. Brush each side of pizza dough with olive oil. Grill dough 30 seconds per side. Remove dough from grill and place on grill-safe pizza pans.
- Top each pizza with half of the sauce. Add chicken and red onion.
- On each pizza, alternate 5 slices of mozzarella and 5 slices of pepper jack cheese.
- Return pan to grill, cook for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and top with cilantro.
Tip: The dough will shrink while cooking and have a rustic appearance.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen
3 cups Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
1 ½ teaspoons Baker's Corner Baking Soda
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1 tablespoon Berryhill Honey
¼ cup Carlini Vegetable Oil
½ cup water
½ cup Holland Lager 1839
2 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ cup Sweet Baby Ray's Original Barbecue Sauce
6 ounces Kirkwood Chicken Breast Strips
¼ cup diced red onion
8 ounces Happy Farms Deli Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
8 ounces Happy Farms Deli Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
2 12-inch pizzas