Mini Shrimp Cakes Topped with a Citrus Aioli
A slight kick of spice with the cooling effect of an orange mayonnaise.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the shrimp cake ingredients.
- In a shallow sauté pan, add 1/4-inch worth of oil to the pan to deep fry the shrimp cakes. Heat on low heat for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, shape 2 tablespoons worth of the shrimp mix into mini patties.
- Deep fry each patty until each side is golden brown and the cake reaches an internal temp of 135°. Drain on a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix the orange juice, zest and mayonnaise together and salt to taste.
- Plate each shrimp cake and top with a dollop of citrus aioli.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 bag Sea Queen Extra Jumbo EZ Peel Shrimp, thawed, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup Chef's Cupboard Plain Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup combination of green and orange bell peppers, diced
1 Goldhen Large Egg
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Parsley Flakes
1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Chili Powder
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
1/2 cup Burman's Regular Mayonnaise
25-28 mini cakes