Salty Cashew Caramel Popcorn
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toast the cashews on a baking sheet for 8 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 300°.
- Microwave the popcorn according to package instructions. Once popped, remove from bag and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick silicon mat.
- In a small sauce pan, bring the honey to a simmer. Simmer for 7 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened to a caramel consistency.
- Drizzle the honey caramel over the popcorn. Lightly toss with a spatula. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate in 40 second intervals until melted, stirring between each interval. Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn. Allow the chocolate to harden.
- In a large bowl, toss the popcorn with the cashews and serve. Keep leftovers in an airtight container.
TIP: To speed up the process for chocolate to harden, place pan in the freezer for one minute.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Nutritional Information per Cup:
- Calories: 230, Total Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 90mg, Carbohydrates: 41g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 29g, Protein: 4g