Banana “Ice Cream” Swirl Treat
Use frozen banana to make a healthier version of ice cream, then add your favorite mix-ins!
Ice Cream Base
- Peel and slice bananas into ½-inch thick rounds. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Freeze until completely frozen, 1 hour or overnight.
- To prepare ice cream base, place frozen bananas, almond milk and vanilla in a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed, continue blending until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Immediately add your mix-ins of choice and pulse gently to combine. Ice cream should contain pieces of your mix-ins throughout. Pour into glasses and enjoy.
- To a medium saucepan, add 2/3 of the strawberries and sugar. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining strawberries, let cool.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Strawberry Swirl (with Sugar)
- Calories: 310, Total Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Sodium: 20mg, Carbohydrates: 55g, Dietary Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 31g, Protein: 3g
Strawberry Swirl (with Stevia)
- Calories: 220, Total Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Sodium: 20mg, Carbohydrates: 60g, Dietary Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 31g, Protein: 3g
Peanut Butter & Jelly Swirl
- Calories: 390, Total Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 110mg, Carbohydrates: 69g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 34g, Protein: 8g
- Calories: 370, Total Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 45mg, Carbohydrates: 64g, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 40g, Protein: 4g