Frozen Raspberry Lemon Pie
Refreshing and fruity, frozen pie.
- Puree raspberries, lemon juice and salt in a blender until smooth. Strain seeds from puree using a sieve.
- Add lemon zest and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes or until foamy.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 inch of water to a boil.
- Place bowl over boiling water and mix on medium speed for 3 minutes or until glossy and thick. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Remove from heat and continue to beat for 4 minutes. Fold in raspberry puree. Pour into pie crust and freeze for 8 hours.
- Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving. Slice and enjoy.
TIP: Garnish with lemon slices, fresh raspberries and whipped topping.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Nutritional Information per Serving:
- Calories: 150, Total Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 65mg, Carbohydrates: 24g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 15g, Protein: 2g