Sweet Strawberry Bruschetta
A fresh and light dessert.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut angel food cake into ¼-inch slices. Place on a baking sheet and toast for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries and sugar. Allow to sit for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and pinch of salt. Continue mixing until smooth.
- Spread a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture on each slice of cake. Top with 2 tablespoons of strawberries. Garnish with fresh mint.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Nutritional Information per Serving:
- Calories: 90, Total Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 200mg, Carbohydrates: 8g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 7g, Protein: 2g