- Preheat broiler on high setting. Place rack at top of oven. Preheat grill or grill pan over high heat.
- Remove any cartilage from the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Sear each breast on both sides. Place on a sheet pan and top with artichoke salsa. Place under broiler for 12-15 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth, black beans, corn, cumin, onion powder and 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil.
- Add the rice, return to a simmer, cover for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and the juice of one lime.
- To plate family style: Add the cilantro to the rice, fluff with a fork and pour onto one half of a medium platter. Lay the chicken next to the rice. Drizzle the sour cream on top and garnish with lime wedges.
TIP: Place the sour cream into a small plastic bag. Cut the tip of one corner off and drizzle.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
4 8-ounce Kirkwood Fresh Chicken Breasts
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, plus additional to taste
Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Carlini Cooking Spray
1 cup Little Salad Bar Premium Artichoke Garlic Salsa
1 ½ cups Fit & Active Fat Free Chicken Broth
1 cup Dakota's Pride Black Beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups Season's Choice Super Sweet Corn
¼ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cumin
¼ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Onion Powder
1 ½ cups Fit & Active Instant Brown Rice, uncooked
½ cup Friendly Farms Lite Sour Cream
2 fresh limes, divided
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro