Summer Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Fill a large pot with water. Add 3 teaspoons salt, juice of 1 lime and the reserved liquid from the mandarin oranges. Bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and poach for 5-8 minutes at a low simmer until the shrimp is cooked through. Drain the liquid, refrigerate the shrimp.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, vinegar, cumin, pepper, ginger, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the jalapeño, red onion, cilantro and mandarin oranges.
- Peel the shrimp, cut in half and add to the vinaigrette.
- Dice the avocados and add to the shrimp mixture. Serve atop plated spring mix or in individual cups with crackers. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro or a whole shrimp on top.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
4 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided
2 limes, freshly squeezed, divided
2 11-ounce cans Sweet Harvest Mandarin Oranges, drained, juice reserved
2 16-ounce packages Sea Queen Jumbo Easy Peel Shrimp, thawed
1 tablespoon Tuscan Garden White Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cumin
3/4 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
3 ounces Little Salad Bar Spring Mix (optional)
7-8 ounces Savoritz Entertainment Crackers