Sweet and Creamy Bacon and Sausage Linguine
A sweet yet savory cream sauce tossed with bacon, sausage and spinach.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Prepare linguine according to package instructions.
- In a large sauté pan, render sausage and bacon. Remove sausage and bacon, leave drippings in pan.
- Stir in chicken broth, butter and honey. Season to taste with crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until chicken stock is reduced by half.
- Stir in lemon juice and zest. Stir in heavy cream and simmer until it coats the back of a spoon. Add baby spinach and stir until wilted.
- Stir in diced tomatoes.
- Toss bacon, sausage and linguine in sauce until thick and sticks to noodles. Top with parmesan cheese.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott,
ALDI Test Kitchen
16 ounces SimplyNature Organic Linguine
12 ounces Fit & Active Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, sliced
4 slices SimplyNature All Natural Bacon, diced
1 ¼ cups SimplyNature Organic Chicken Broth
2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
2 tablespoons SimplyNature Organic Honey
Stonemill Essentials Crushed Red Pepper, to taste
Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, to taste
Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
½ lemon, zested and juiced
2 cups Friendly Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
6 cups SimplyNature Baby Spinach
½ cup SimplyNature Organic Diced Tomatoes
Reggano Parmesan Cheese, to taste