Blueberry-Olive Oil Muffins
These wholesome muffins are incredibly moist and tender.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat muffin pans with cooking spray or fill with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, olive oil and lemon zest. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stir until just combined. Gently fold frozen blueberries into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans. Sprinkle muffins evenly with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and baked through when tested with a toothpick.
Tip: Adding blueberries directly from the freezer to the batter will prevent the color from bleeding into your muffins.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen