Holiday Chocolate Scones
Use a muffin mix to whip up these anytime holiday treats in a snap.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine muffin mix, flour, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Cut cold butter into cubes and blend into flour using a fork or pastry cutter until butter resembles small peas. Add dried cherries and orange zest, stir to combine.
- Add half and half, stir until dough begins to come together (dough will seem dry). Turn the dough onto a flat surface lightly dusted with cocoa powder and knead dough for 1-2 minutes.
- Shape dough into an 8-inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm in the center. Cool on a wire rack.
- While scones bake, prepare the glaze: In a small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients and whisk together until smooth. Drizzle glaze onto cooled scones.
Chocolate-Peppermint-Crunch Variation: Substitute ½ cup crushed candy canes for the spices, orange zest and dried cherries. For glaze, omit orange zest. After topping scones with glaze, sprinkle scones with 3 tablespoons crushed candy canes.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Carlini Cooking Spray
18.25 ounces Baker's Corner Double Chocolate Muffin Mix
½ cup Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ cup Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
½ cup Southern Grove Dried Cherries
Zest of ½ orange
¼ cup + 3 tablespoons Friendly Farms Half & Half
1 tablespoon Baker's Corner Baking Cocoa*
¼ cup Friendly Farms Half & Half
Zest of ½ orange
2 tablespoons Baker's Corner Baking Cocoa*
Pinch Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
½ cup Baker's Corner Powdered Sugar
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.