Rosemary Sausage Popovers
- Preheat oven to 450°. Coat a 6-cup popover pan with butter spray.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown the pork sausage.
- Add the onions and rosemary; cook for 3 minutes, until the onions are translucent. Add ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in the butter.
- Add the flour, remaining ¾ teaspoon salt and ¾ teaspoon pepper. Whisk until the batter is frothy.
- Stir in the cheese and sausage mixture. Divide the batter among the cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Turn off the oven and leave the popovers in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and serve with a dollop of blackberry fruit spread.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen