Breakfast Sloppy Joe
A delicious and messy sandwich that’s fun to eat.
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Cook biscuits according to package directions. Remove from oven, reserve.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Brown the pork sausage. Add peppers and onions. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Sprinkle flour over sausage mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk cream and water into sausage mixture and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Cover and keep warm.
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, melt remaining butter. Fry eggs sunny side up. Reserve.
- Cut biscuits in half. Divide sausage mixture evenly among 8 biscuits. Top with a slice of cheese, one egg and remaining biscuit halves.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen