Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Lightly coat jalapeño in oil and roast on the grill until blackened and slightly charred. Wrap jalapeño in plastic wrap and reserve for 10 minutes.
- Unwrap jalapeño and peel away charred skin. Remove seeds and dice.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, lime juice, jalapeño, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, add eggs and whisk thoroughly.
- Preheat a sauté pan to high heat, coat with cooking spray and add eggs and 1/3 cup of salsa. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Assemble sandwiches on English muffins with 1/2 cup of egg mixture, 2 slices of avocado and 1 tablespoon of cheese.
TIP: Add or subtract jalapeño for a spicier or milder salsa. Serve with leftover salsa and tortilla chips.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kevin, ALDI Test Kitchen