Italian Sausage and Spinach Mini Breakfast Pizzas
A breakfast pizza for on the go.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat two 12-cup muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine flour and salt using a dough hook. In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine water, vegetable oil, honey and yeast; add to flour mixture. Mix on medium speed for 8 minutes, until a ball forms and the bowl is clean. Cover dough with plastic wrap and allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Sauté sausage until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain and reserve. Sauté the spinach in batches until wilted, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces. Place pizza dough into muffin cups, spread it up the sides to form a crust. Evenly distribute cheese among muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the sausage, spinach and half & half. Stir until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of the egg mixture into each muffin cup. Top with 1 cherry tomato per cup and bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set. If necessary, cover with foil to prevent overbrowning.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen