1 hour, 10 minutes
1 hour, 20 minutes
French Oven Apple Walnut Streusel Cake
Upgrade a yellow cake mix with butter, apples and cinnamon.
1. For the cake: Preheat oven to 350° and coat a Crofton Cast Iron 4.6 Qt. French Oven with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, butter, water and cinnamon. Whisk for 2 minutes until smooth.
3. Fold in apples and walnuts. Pour into French oven, cover and bake for 40 minutes.
4. For the streusel: In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients and cut in butter. Mixture should be crumbly.
5. Remove cake from oven and remove lid. Top cake with streusel and continue baking uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
6. Serve cake in French oven or cool for 1 hour before removing from pan.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen