Churro Popovers with Mexican Hot Chocolate Ganache
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- For the popovers: In a blender, combine all ingredients except the butter. Once frothy, pour in melted butter and blend again.
- Let batter rest for 30 minutes.
- Coat a popover pan with cooking spray, fill each tin 3/4 full of batter. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°, continue to bake for 10 minutes.
- With a skewer, pierce the top of each popover once to release steam. Bake an additional 8-10 minutes.
- For the ganache: Combine chocolate, cinnamon and cayenne in a small bowl. Reserve.
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and heavy cream to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Stir the ganache until combined. Allow to cool slightly, pour into a piping bag and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Reserve.
- Remove popovers from oven and let stand for 2 minutes. Remove from pan; pierce bottom of each popover once to release steam.
- Coat each popover generously with the reserved cinnamon sugar and fill with desired amount of ganache using piping bag.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen