Gooey Chocolate Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownie
- For the brownies: Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the brownie mix and cayenne in a large bowl. Add the vegetable oil, eggs and ½ cup water. Stir until just combined; do not overmix.
- Stir in the crushed pretzels. Spread the mixture in the prepared dish and top with the whole pretzels in a 4-by-5 grid.
- Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, until the brownies are puffed and a toothpick inserted about 2 inches from the edge comes out with a few crumbs. Let cool on a rack.
- For the caramel: Combine sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan, and set over medium heat.
- Cook, without stirring, until the sugar melts. Continue to cook, swirling the pan occasionally so the edges don't burn, until the sugar syrup is a dark amber, about 8 minutes.
- Whisk in the butter, then the cream. Return to a simmer, just to combine, then remove from the heat. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Pour the caramel into a glass measuring cup and let cool until the mixture is thick enough to drizzle, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drizzle the caramel over the brownies and sprinkle lightly with the coarse salt. Let cool completely in the baking dish before cutting into squares, each with a whole pretzel on top. Serve topped with whipped cream.
Recipe Courtesy of Eddie Jackson, Food Network Host