Caramelized Banana Bruschetta on French Toast Crostini
- In a mixing bowl, whip cream cheese, heavy cream and ½ tablespoon cinnamon until light and fluffy. Reserve in refrigerator.
- Peel bananas and cut into ¼-inch slices. Lightly dredge in flour.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Sauté bananas for 2 minutes per side or until lightly golden. Remove from pan, keep warm.
- Slice bread on an angle into ¼-inch thick slices.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, salt and remaining cinnamon and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Dip bread into egg mixture and sauté for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown and slightly crisp.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on French toast and top with warm bananas.
TIP: For a sweeter spread, add 3 tablespoons honey to the cream cheese mixture.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kevin, ALDI Test Kitchen