Tropical Broiled Pineapple Boats
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a small baking sheet, spread the coconut flakes and almonds. Bake until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally for even toasting. Remove from oven, reserve.
- Change oven setting to broil.
- Cut off top and bottom of pineapple, cut into 8 equal wedges. Remove the core and gently cut away the skin from each wedge, leaving the skin in one piece. Reserve skin.
- Return pineapple spear to skin; cut pineapple flesh into 1/3-inch thick slices.
- Arrange pineapple wedges, on skin, on a baking sheet, brush with agave nectar. Broil until lightly caramelized, approximately 8 minutes. Transfer each spear to a plate; garnish with 2 tablespoons of the coconut mixture and one lime wedge.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Brigitte Nguyen and Serious Eats