Bacon, Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Savory and creamy, this cheesy dip is perfect for the game or dinner.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat an 11 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, cook bacon until crisp, approximately 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and drain fat, reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in pan.
- Reheat the sauté pan to medium heat. Sauté the spinach in batches until wilted, about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine bacon, spinach, artichokes, eggs, cream cheese, 1 ½ cups of colby jack cheese, cottage cheese, pepper, salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir until well blended.
- Place mixture into baking dish, top with 1 ½ cups colby jack cheese and bake for 40 minutes. Serve with your favorite chips, toasted bread or vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen