Blue Cheese Corn Bread Pulled Pork Sandwiches
This recipe makes extra pulled pork to be enjoyed on its own or as leftovers.
- Season the pork loin with salt and pepper.
- In a medium pot, heat the oil over medium high heat; sear the pork on each side until golden. Discard excess oil, add beef broth, water, 2 cups barbecue sauce, onion and paprika. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and braise, covered for 2 1/2 - 3 hours until fork tender. If necessary, add water halfway through the cooking process to keep the pork submerged.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Coat 2 12-cup muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Prepare muffins: In a medium bowl, combine the muffin mix, blue cheese, eggs, corn, sour cream and sugar, stir until incorporated. Evenly distribute among muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Reduce any remaining liquid from the pork by stirring over high heat until 1 - 1 1/2 cups liquid remains. Shred the pork and press into an 8-inch metal baking pan.
- Stir in the remaining barbecue sauce, broil for 10-15 minutes. Stir and broil another 10-15 minutes to create a char on the pork.
- Slice the muffins in half and fill with pulled pork.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 1/2 - 2 pounds Roseland Half Pork Loin, cut in half lengthwise
Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, to taste
Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons Carlini Vegetable Oil
32 ounces Chef's Cupboard Beef Broth
2 cups water
3 1/2 cups Sweet Baby Ray's Original Barbecue Sauce, divided
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Paprika
Carlini Cooking Spray
8.5 ounces Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 cup Specially Selected Blue Cheese Crumbles
3 Goldhen Large Eggs
1/2 cup Season's Choice Super Sweet Corn
1/3 cup Friendly Farms Sour Cream
1 teaspoon Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
3 hours, 30 minutes