Grilled Vegetable Sliders
Seasonal grilled vegetables on a wheat bun with a spinach and roasted garlic yogurt spread.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Wrap garlic in foil and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Close tightly and place on grill. Cook for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining oil, vegetables and spices.
- Grill vegetables until soft, about 3-5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, microwave spinach and water for 30 seconds. Drain water and squeeze spinach dry.
- Remove skin from garlic cloves. In a blender, puree with spinach and yogurt to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Grill buns for 30 seconds per side, or until browned. Spread spinach garlic spread on bun and top with grilled vegetables. Cut into quarters and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 head garlic, top cut off
5 tablespoons Carlini Pure Olive Oil, divided
1 red pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
1 pint button mushrooms, halved
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, plus additional to taste
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, plus additional to taste
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
2 cups Little Salad Bar Flat Leaf Spinach
½ cup water
1 cup Friendly Farms Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
2 L'oven Fresh Wheat Kaiser Buns*
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.