Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cupcakes
A chocolate cupcake with a cherry surprise!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the cake mix, oil, eggs and 1 cup of water in a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Place liners in a muffin pan. Using a 1/4 cup scoop, fill liners 1/2 full.
- Roll the maraschino cherries in flour. Place one cherry in the center of each cupcake.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, bring cordial cherries, powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter and whipping cream to a simmer. Mash the cherries and stir until melted.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, strain frosting into a bowl.
- Cool for 30 minutes, frost cupcakes.
- Grate chocolate bar to create shavings, then sprinkle frosted cupcakes with chocolate shavings. If desired, garnish with a maraschino cherry.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jared,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 package Baker’s Corner Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1/4 cup Carlini Vegetable Oil
3 Goldhen Large Eggs
1 cup water
1/4 cup Baker’s Corner All Purpose Flour
14-16 Baker’s Corner Maraschino Cherries, drained
6.6 ounces Queen Anne’s Cordial Cherries*
1/4 cup Baker’s Corner Powdered Sugar
8 ounces Happy Farms
4 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
1/4 cup Friendly Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
5.29 ounce Choceur Dark Chocolate Bar
14-16 Baker’s Corner Maraschino Cherries (optional)
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.