Fried zucchini stuffed with havarti cheese and served with sour cream, cilantro oil and pomegranates.
- In a blender, combine the garlic, cilantro, parsley, mint, jalapeno, 1/4 cup lime juice and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve in small bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice. Season to taste with salt. Reserve.
- Heat the remaining 3 cups vegetables oil to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Reserve.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini. Cut the zucchini in half crosswise. Cut the halves lengthwise into 1/4 x 2-inch slices.
- Cut the cheese into 1/4-inch slices along the short side.
- Assemble the stuffed zucchini by placing one slice of cheese between two slices of zucchini.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks. Stir in the egg yolk.
- Coat the stuffed zucchini into the flour mixture. Then coat with the egg batter. Fry each side until golden brown. Remove and drain oil on paper towel. Coat and fry remaining stuffed zucchini.
- To plate, drizzle fried zucchini with sour cream and cilantro puree. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
Tip: For a gluten-free option, substitute all purpose flour with our gluten free baking mix.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen