Perfect alone or stuffed into a turkey for a friendly twist on an old favorite.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Dice sweet rolls into small bite sized pieces and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan, sauté celery and onions until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple, raisins, chardonnay and coconut to pan. Sauté until most of the liquid is gone, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet rolls and sauté mixture. Add spices and eggs and stir to incorporate.
- Heat broth to boiling in same sauté pan used for vegetables.
- Slowly incorporate broth into bread mixture. Stuffing should be moist, not mushy.
- Bake in a greased 9x12-inch glass pan for 1 hour or until light golden brown.
- Or, stuff loosely into a 10-12 pound turkey. Bake for 3-3½ hours or until stuffing reaches 165° and the turkey reaches 180°.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
3 12-ounce packages King’s Hawaiian Hawaiian Sweet Rolls*
2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
4 ribs celery, diced
2 large onions, diced
20 ounces Sweet Harvest Pineapple Slices, drained and chopped*
1 cup Southern Grove Premium Golden Raisins*
⅓ cup Winking Owl Chardonnay
1 cup Baker’s Corner Coconut Flakes*
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Parsley Flakes
2 Goldhen Large Eggs, lightly beaten
2 14-ounce cans Chef’s Cupboard Canned Chicken Broth
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
1 hour, 10 minutes