Mix and Match Waffle Sticks
Choose a flavor or make all three!
- Heat a waffle iron per manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium bowl, combine the waffle mix of choice. Pour ¼ cup mixture into each waffle iron mold. Place two popsicle sticks into each mold, creating two waffles from one waffle mold.
- Heat the waffle until golden brown. Remove from waffle iron, cut in half with scissors and trim if needed to create two separate waffles on a stick. Place on a wire rack and allow to cool. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For banana chocolate pecan waffle and s'more waffle: In a heat-resistant bowl, heat the chocolate in microwave at 20-second intervals, stir until melted. Drizzle over waffles. Sprinkle with pecans or graham crackers. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. Serve.
- For strawberry waffle topping: In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, milk, strawberry preserves and food dye. Mix until smooth. Drizzle over waffles and sprinkle with peanuts. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. Serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen