Red, White and Blue Ice Cream Cake
Berry ice cream atop a cookie crust for an unforgettable patriotic dessert.
- In a medium bowl, mash 2 cups of strawberries and 1 cup of blueberries. Add condensed milk, lemon juice and 2 cups of whipped topping. Mix thoroughly.
- Line a 9-inch loaf pan with a piece of foil large enough so that it hangs over the edges.
- Pour in berry mixture.
- Stir cookies into the melted butter and spread on top of berry mixture. Fold sides of foil together to cover cake and place in freezer for 6 hours or until firm.
- To serve, invert onto a plate, remove foil and spread with remaining whipped topping.
- Slice remaining strawberries. Arrange remaining blueberries and sliced strawberries on top of cake in a festive pattern.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen