1 hour, 30 minutes
1 hour, 45 minutes
Never Any! Beer Can Chicken with Pan Gravy
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- For the butter: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well incorporated. Reserve.
- Remove a label from an empty food can. Wash and dry can and place in a roasting pan. Empty 1½ cups beer into roasting pan. Pour remaining beer into food can.
- Rub butter mixture over chicken.
- Place bottom of chicken over top of can in roasting pan. Set in oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°. Set aside to rest.
- Transfer pan and can juices to small saucepan and add thyme. Bring to a boil and whisk in flour. Reduce heat, add salt and cook for 10 minutes.
- Slice chicken into desired portions and serve with pan gravy.
TIP: For optimum flavor, rub butter mixture under the skin too!
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Audrey, ALDI Test Kitchen