Number of Servings:
This take on a classic Paella recipe will easily please a large seafood loving crowd. Tangy mussels and shrimp compliment sauteed vegetables, peppery Kielbasa, and spicy rice.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions, garlic, red bell pepper and green beans until soft and translucent.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot over high heat, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Add kielbasa to vegetable mixture. Cook for 2 minutes to brown. Add rice to pan.
- Add the paprika and chili powder to the rice mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour chicken broth over pan, lightly shaking pan to settle into even layer.
- Place shrimp and mussels throughout pan, submerging in liquid. Bring to a boil. Stir in tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Boil for 5 minutes while stirring to incorporate. Cover and place in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir in frozen peas to warm. Let stand 10 minutes, covered, or until remaining liquid is absorbed. Stir until well combined. Garnish with parsley and lemon.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen, edited by Chef Trevor