Sweet Potato Cottage Pie
- Preheat broiler on high.
- For the potatoes: In a large saucepan, cover sweet potatoes with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain water; return potatoes to pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, egg yolk and broth. Add sour cream mixture to potatoes; mash until smooth. Fold in parsley, a pinch of cinnamon and salt to taste. Reserve.
- For the meat mixture: In a medium sauté pan, brown meat over medium-low heat until completely cooked. Drain excess fat, transfer back to sauté pan.
- Add onions, carrots and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add spices. Fold in peas and corn, remove from heat.
- For the sauce: In a small saucpan, melt butter and whisk in flour. Cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in Worcestershire sauce and broth, add to meat mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over the top. Place casserole dish under broiler and broil for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Audrey, ALDI Test Kitchen