A classic French Canadian holiday pie.
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Place one pie crust into pie plate, reserving the other for the top. Refrigerate both crusts until needed.
- In a medium sauté pan over high heat, heat oil. Add ground beef and pork, cook until browned. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic: sauté until mushrooms become soft.
- Pour beef broth over meat, season with salt, pepper, cloves and rosemary. Reduce heat to low and simmer until reduced by half. Add butter, stir until completely melted.
- Pour beef mixture into pie plate: top with remaining crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown.
- Allow pie to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen