Chicken a La Bonne Femme
Simply prepared chicken thighs in a beer sauce with bacon, peas and potatoes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter. Add bacon and cook until crisp and brown. Remove from pan using a slotted spoon, drain on paper towel.
- Season chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper, add to skillet skin side down to brown, about 5 minutes. Turn over and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Add remaining butter to pan, along with onions, potatoes, remaining salt, pepper and paprika. Sauté until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add beer, beef broth and chicken pieces. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and add peas, parsley and bacon. Cook 5 minutes longer or until chicken is 165°, and potatoes are soft.
TIP: For crispier chicken skin, you can finish chicken in a 400° oven for 5-10 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen