BBQ Salmon Burgers
BBQ salmon burger with pickled vegetables and creamy avocado mayo.
- In a small pot, bring vinegar, salt and sugar to a boil. Meanwhile, place onion, cucumbers and corn in a medium bowl. Add boiling liquid to vegetables, cover and steep for 2 hours. Store vegetables in pickling liquid until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon until crispy, about 5 minutes on each side; reserve.
- Grill the burgers 6-8 minutes on each side, basting with barbecue sauce until sauce has become caramelized.
- Lightly grill the buns and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and avocado until smooth and creamy. Spread mixture on both sides of each bun.
- To assemble: Place burger on top of bun, top with bacon and pickled vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
2 cups Tuscan Garden White Vinegar
2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
4 tablespoons Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
1 red onion, sliced
3 mini cucumbers, sliced
1 ear of corn, kernels removed
8 slices Specially Selected Thick Sliced Peppercorn Bacon
4 Sea Queen Alaskan Salmon Burgers*
¼ cup Burman's Hickory BBQ Sauce*
4 L'oven Fresh Onion Buns*
¼ cup Burman's Mayonnaise
1 avocado, pitted and sliced
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
10 minutes (plus 2 hours to steep)
30 minutes (plus 2 hours to steep)