BBQ Salmon Burgers
BBQ salmon burger with pickled vegetables and creamy avocado mayo.
- In a small pot, bring vinegar, salt and sugar to a boil. Meanwhile, place onion, cucumbers and corn in a medium bowl. Add boiling liquid to vegetables, cover and steep for 2 hours. Store vegetables in pickling liquid until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon until crispy, about 5 minutes on each side; reserve.
- Grill the burgers 6-8 minutes on each side, basting with barbecue sauce until sauce has become caramelized.
- Lightly grill the buns and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and avocado until smooth and creamy. Spread mixture on both sides of each bun.
- To assemble: Place burger on top of bun, top with bacon and pickled vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen