- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For the ragout: In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, sauté for 3 minutes. Stir, continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes. Continue cooking until the mushrooms are golden.
- Add the thyme, ¼ cup parsley, tomato paste, salt and pepper; sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Reserve.
- On a flat surface dusted with flour, unroll the crescent rolls. Join the dough together at the seams. With a rolling pin, roll the dough to a 13x13-inch square. Place the dough onto a parchment-lined baking pan dusted with the plain bread crumbs.
- Crumble the goat cheese into the mushroom ragout. Mix until well combined. Place the ragout into the center of the dough, leaving a 4-inch border.
- Fold 2 opposite corners to the center. Apply egg wash and secure the 2 corners together. Repeat with opposite corners. Finish by coating galette with egg wash. Cut 3 slits on the top. Garnish with remaining parsley. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen