Southwest Stuffed Peppers
Gluten free stuffed peppers with a southwest flair!
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add rice, ¼ teaspoon salt, remaining seasonings and return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 18 minutes.
- Season peppers with oil and remaining salt and pepper. Grill for 4 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet, sauté garlic, onions, jalapeños, zucchini and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add rice, tomatoes, cilantro, beans and corn. Sauté for 5 minutes, season to taste with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Scoop rice filling into grilled peppers and top with sliced avocado.
TIP: For a spicier dish, use poblano peppers if available.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen