Spring Stew with Garlic Bread
Fresh but hearty, great for a chilly spring night.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the peppers, onion, yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms, and half of the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute. Deglaze the pan with Pinot Noir. Simmer 1 minute.
- Add 1 3/4 cups of water, canned tomatoes, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, bay leaf and the tomato paste, bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, combine diced potatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, lemon juice and remaining garlic in a bowl. Toss to coat, and then bake for 15 minutes.
- When vegetables are finished stewing, add fresh tomatoes, cooked potatoes and fresh basil to pan.
- Serve with garlic Texas toast, cooked to package directions.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen
3 tablespoons Carlini Pure Olive Oil, divided
3 pack mixed peppers, medium diced
1 onion, peeled, medium diced
1 yellow squash, medium diced
1 zucchini, medium diced
8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup Sovinello Pinot Noir
14 ounces Happy Harvest Diced Tomatoes
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
1 1/4 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, divided
1 bay leaf
6 ounces Happy Harvest Tomato Paste
5 red potatoes, medium diced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 small tomatoes, medium diced
1 tablespoon fresh basil
4 slices Mama Cozzi's Pizza Kitchen Garlic Texas Toast