Vegetarian Gluten Free Pizza
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 400˚. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until fine. Steam in microwave for 10 minutes, squeeze out moisture with paper towels and allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower, mozzarella, parmesan, salt, garlic, parsley and eggs. Transfer to center of baking sheet and form into a 10" round crust. Bake for 20 minutes.
- For the Sauce: In a medium saucepan, whisk cream and ricotta over medium heat until ricotta is completely melted. Add mozzarella, parmesan and garlic: simmer until thickened. Reserve.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, toss mushrooms and spinach with balsamic vinegar. Continue cooking until mushrooms are browned and spinach is wilted. Reserve.
- Spread sauce evenly over cauliflower crust. Top with spinach mixture, cheeses and garlic. Bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheeses are melted and browned. Serve immediately.
TIP: If you'd like a grilled pizza instead, follow all preparation steps above except the final cooking process. Using an aluminum foil-covered grill, cook pizza covered, until cheeses are melted, about 8-10 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen