French Oven Cranberry Herb Bread
- In a medium bowl, dissolve sugar in water. Add yeast, let bloom 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, cranberries, rosemary, sage and thyme. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly pour bloomed yeast and water into dry ingredients; mix until soft dough forms. On a floured surface, knead dough until no dry spots remain. Place dough into oiled bowl, let proof 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°. Place empty French oven, fitted with lid, into oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove French oven, place proofed dough onto parchment paper and transfer to hot French oven. Cover with lid; bake 30 minutes. Remove lid, bake additional 10 minutes or until bread is crisp and golden brown.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen