ALDI Gift Cards
Gift Card FAQs
Q. How do I purchase an ALDI gift card?
A. ALDI gift cards are available for purchase in $5 increments, up to $100. To buy an ALDI gift card, please stop by your local ALDI store and a store associate will be happy to help you! Up to $5,000 per customer per day can be purchased within our stores. Should you wish to purchase in bulk please see our Business To Business Program. At this time, we do not sell gift cards online.
Q. How do I check my balance?
A. You can check your gift card balance on our Gift Card Balance page. You can also present an ALDI gift card to any of our cashiers to check the balance on your next store visit.
Q. Where do I locate my PIN number?
A. The PIN can be located by scratching off the silver strip on the back of your gift card.
Q. How do I reload my ALDI gift card?
A. ALDI gift cards are reloadable unless they have had a $0.00 balance for over 90 days. ALDI gift cards become deactivated after this point and can no longer be reloaded. To reload your gift card simply bring it with you to an ALDI location near you and present it to the cashier.
Q. Can I return an ALDI gift card?
A. ALDI gift cards cannot be returned. However, they can be used to purchase merchandise within an ALDI store.
Q. Can I receive cash back upon an ALDI gift card?
A. Cashback cannot be received except where applicable by law.
Q. Can I receive a replacement gift card if lost or stolen?
A. ALDI gift cards are non-refundable and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
Q. Can I receive a gift card discount on large orders?
A. ALDI does not offer discounts on bulk purchases.
Q. Can I purchase ALDI gift cards at other retailers?
Q. Will service fees be applied to my ALDI gift card?
A. No. ALDI does not charge or apply service fees.
Q. Can ALDI gift cards expire?
A. Physical ALDI gift cards do not expire. Digital eCards issued by ALDI Customer Service expire 5-years from issuance
Q. Can I use an ALDI gift card to purchase other gift cards?
A. No. ALDI gift cards cannot be used to purchase additional or third-party gift cards.
Q. What do I do if my ALDI gift card is not working?
A. If your gift card is labeled as a merchandise return card, we ask that you bring it with you on your next visit to the store and speak with a manger for direction. All other gift card inquiries can be directed to our Customer Service Team.
Q. Can I use my ALDI Gift Card on Instacart?
A. ALDI Gift Cards may not be used on Instacart purchases at this time.
Gift Card Fraud Prevention
ALDI gift cards can only be used in ALDI store locations and may not be used to purchase additional ALDI or third-party gift cards. No legitimate government entity including the IRS, Treasury Department, FBI, or local police department will accept any form of gift cards as payment. Other businesses do not accept payment in the form of ALDI gift cards. You will never be asked to pay your utility bills, bail money, debt collection or hospital bills by gift card.
- Do not enter your gift card number within search engines to check balances. Please direct your balance inquires on our Gift Card Balance Page
- Do not purchase, sell, or attempt to check ALDI gift card balances on any online marketplace.
- Do not purchase an ALDI gift card if the silver security strip covering the PIN number has been scratched off.
- Do not respond to online advertisements or websites that offer free gift cards. These are typically scams.
- Scammers can manipulate caller ID and make it appear they are a legitimate business or government agency. Do not always trust your caller ID.
- If you are called by a stranger who says that a loved one is in trouble and asks you to provide gift cards or gift card numbers to help them, hang up and call your loved one directly.
- If you are contacted by Microsoft, Apple or a cyber-security company that offers to help you with a computer virus and asks to be paid with gift cards, this is a scam. Sometimes these scams will begin in the form of pop-ups that mimic computer alerts and direct you to call for support. Real businesses will never ask for payment in the form of gift cards.
- If you think you have been the victim of a gift card scam, report it to the Federal Trade Commission.
- If you think you have been the victim of a scam involving ALDI gift cards, please contact us at www.aldi.us/en/contact/
Fraud Prevention Resources
At ALDI we deeply care about our responsibilities to the communities we serve. We believe community support should be based on the needs of each individual community. In partnering with local businesses and non-profits we recognize you may have unique needs. As a part of our Corporate Responsibility and Bulk Gift Card programs we are proud to offer optional item exemptions to meet your needs.
*These exemptions are only available upon gift cards purchased through our Bulk Gift Card Program or provided as a Donation by ALDI.
Alcohol Exemption: Gift cards with an alcohol exemption prohibit the card from being used to purchase alcoholic beverages. Eligible funds are deducted at the register and outstanding balances for alcoholic items must be paid for with an alternate method-of-payment. Gift cards provided as an ALDI Corporate Responsibility Donation prohibit the purchase of alcohol. Gift cards purchased through our Bulk Gift Card Program may also have this exemption applied when selected by the purchaser.
Food-Only Exemption: Gift cards with a food only exemption prohibits the card from being used to purchase non-food items as well as alcoholic beverages. Please note this exemption applies to the purchase of household and paper products as well as reusable shopping bags. Eligible funds are deducted at the register automatically and outstanding balances for non-food or alcohol items must be paid for with an alternate method-of-payment. Gift Cards purchased through our Bulk Gift card Program may have this exemption applied.
Standard Gift Cards: Gift cards purchased from an ALDI store location do not have exemptions applied and may be used to purchase any item.
How to Buy Gift Cards in Bulk
Looking to purchase ALDI gift cards in bulk for your organization? We’re here to help. ALDI gift cards may be purchased in any denomination from $5.00 to $500.00. There is no limit to order size. In partnering with local businesses and non-profits we recognize you may have unique needs. As a part of our Bulk Gift Card Program, we are proud to offer optional item exemptions to meet your needs. Currently, we accept company check or ACH direct payment. Credit and debit cards are not accepted.
Submit your bulk gift card order through our ALDI Gift Card Order Form.
Still have questions? Email us at our ALDI Gift Card Inbox