4 hours, 10 minutes
Introducing a recipe that's designed to captivate your taste buds and get you in the zone - Blitz-Balls! Whether you're cheering for your favorite team or simply enjoying good company, these delectable bites are perfect for sharing with friends and family,
Starting off, take fresh jalapeños and transform them into pockets of flavor by stuffing them with Neufchâtel cheese. The result is a delicious balance of heat and creaminess, offering a surprising and satisfying bite in every piece.
Now, onto the star of the show - organic grass-fed ground beef. Shape the meat evenly, avoiding over-compression, for a tender and juicy meatball. Then add a touch of steak seasoning to transform these meatballs with a burst of savory spice in every bite.
Up next, the hickory-smoked bacon. Each slice should be carefully wrapped around the seasoned meatballs, infusing them with a smoky depth that complements the heat from the stuffed jalapeños. Secure each with a toothpick before sending them on a slow-cooking adventure that amplifies their flavors.
Over the next four hours, the slow cooker will meld the flavors of the recipe together, resulting in a symphony of taste that's both savory and subtly sweet, smoky and mildly spicy.
Once time is up, remove the toothpicks and garnish your creation with sliced green onions. The vibrant color and fresh taste of the onion add a final touch of perfection to these delightful bites.
Blitz-Balls are more than just a dish – they are an explosion of flavor that's sure to elevate your gameday experience.
- Cut jalapeños in half and remove seeds. Divide cheese evenly among jalapeño halves.
- Cut each half into 4 pieces. Reserve.
- In a small bowl, combine beef and steak seasoning. Divide into 14 evenly sized portions.
- Place a stuffed jalapeño piece in center of each meat portion and roll into ball.
- Cut bacon slices in half and wrap around meatballs, secure with a toothpick and place in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, paprika and chili powder. Pour over meatballs.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove toothpicks and garnish with green onion. Serve extra sauce on the side for dipping.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen