13 (5 prunes per serving)
Dried prunes rehydrated in wine, stuffed with cream cheese, pistachios and drizzled with honey.
- In a medium saucepan, combine prunes and wine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until wine reduces to a syrup consistency. Remove from heat, allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and lemon zest. Using a hand mixer, mix until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and whip. Stir in pistachios.
- With a sharp paring knife, butterfly cut each prune. Scoop 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese into each prune.
- Plate and drizzle with honey.
Tip: Use your favorite wine to experiment with different flavor combinations.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen